Start saving today with a Metropolitan Classic Savings account. With a low minimum opening deposit of just $50 ($25 for minors), it's an easy start to making your money grow.
Use our online savings calculator to help you determine how to increase your savings level.
For rate information, call or visit one of our nearby and neighborly branch locations.
- Minimum Opening Deposit: $50 ($25 for minors)
- Minimum Daily Balance: $200
- Monthly Service Fee: If below minimum, $2.00 monthly service charge; no service charge for minors
- Interest: Earned on entire daily collected balance. Interest paid at prevailing market rates, subject to change daily, compounded and paid quarterly.
- Automated Funds Transfers: Yes. If account balance is over $200, balance is available for automatic transfer to checking account. Transfers in increments of $100.
- Checkwriting: Checks are not issued for this type of account.
- Account Access:
- Two free withdrawals per month
- $1.00 fee for each additional withdrawal after two
- Transfers to another account by check or draft or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic or telephone transfer are limited to six per calendar month
- Automatic transfers to checking account for overdraft protection. Transfers count as withdrawals
- Unlimited 24-hour use of all Metropolitan ATM locations with no transaction fees
- Unlimited 24-hour access to balances and account transfers on MetroLine telephone banking service
- Online Banking Features: View your account and transfer funds online with MetroNet Internet banking service.
- Other Benefits:
- Free Metropolitan ATM card
- Free MetroLine telephone banking service
- Statements issued monthly on active accounts and quarterly for inactive accounts
- Safe - Funds insured up to $250,000 by the FDIC
Important information about procedures for opening a new account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money-laundering
activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify
and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What
this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name,
address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify
you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying